5 Unique Ways to add Color to your Kitchen Cabinets
Your kitchen is the heart of your home, and your cabinets make up the largest surface area in your kitchen. Refreshing them with a new color can entirely change the look of the kitchen, and this can be done without completely replacing them. Check out these colorful ideas for inspiration.
- Try a bold hue on your cabinets. There’s no rule that says cabinets have to be wood-toned or neutral, so go ahead and pick out some paint. After all, if you’re going to spend much of your time in the kitchen, why shouldn’t its surfaces show off your favorite colors? Colorful cabinets can set a mood in a powerful way. Consider vibrant red, soothing blue, or energizing yellow shades.
- Paint the inside of your cabinets. It’s less risky than painting the entire cabinet and offers a pop of color when you open your cabinet doors. It’s also a great way to bring in some color if you’ve got glass doors or open shelving. Choose a color that contrasts with your dishes and they’ll really stand out.
- Display some colorful dishes. Sometimes adding some color doesn’t require painting at all! Replacing the doors on your kitchen cabinets with glass doors- or removing the doors altogether- allows your dishes to take center stage and show off their colors. You might choose a combination of open and closed cabinets in your kitchen, carefully choosing which dishes to showcase.
- Don’t forget about your island. Especially if it’s large, the island is probably a major focal point in your kitchen. Why not make it beautiful, with a fresh coat of paint. Painting it the same color as the cabinets makes your kitchen look seamless and cohesive but choosing a different color than the cabinets can create an eye-catching contrast. If your cabinets are wood-toned, painting the island can give a much-needed visual break. Further, painting the island is a less risky move than painting all the cabinets, and much easier to change if you get tired of it.
- Contrast your uppers and lowers. This is a popular trend, with many different ways to do it successfully, so you can choose the way that best fits your aesthetic sensibilities. Consider dark lower cabinets and white upper cabinets, go with wood tone on top and paint below, or choose two shades of the same color for subtle contrast.
If you’re looking for some new color for a fresher, updated kitchen, Capitol Design Build can help. We’ve been performing custom remodeling since 1989 and building custom, high-end homes in the Washington DC Metropolitan Area for 29 years. We serve businesses and individuals in Virginia, Washington D.C, and Maryland, meeting every need from kitchen renovation and bathroom remodeling to custom home design and building. With experience spanning many disciplines, including engineering, design, remodeling, construction, and customer service, we look forward to working with you. Feel free to shop our website, call us at (703) 436-2069, or contact us online for a free, no-obligation estimate.