Color Trends for Your Modern Kitchen
If you’re renovating your kitchen this year, or designing a new kitchen, the sky is the limit when it comes to color palettes. Hand-painted kitchens are in a revival phase right now, which means homeowners no longer need to stick to a limited array of factory-applied finishes on their cabinetry. Which colors will work best for you? This year’s trends are wide open, which means that can choose the colors that work best with your kitchen size and your personal style. What appeals to you?
• White kitchens are timeless. There’s a good reason why the popularity of the white kitchen endures. White is calming and clean, minimalist and light-enhancing. What’s more, refreshing your kitchen’s look is easy when you’re working with a white backdrop. When it’s time to sell, a white kitchen allows buyers to imagine putting their own touches into it more easily.
• Greens give kitchens a fresh look. The shade of green depends on your own personal style. Bluish green can be modern and calming, while mint green is a great choice for a vintage look. Sage green is understated, and olive and hunter green are both very sophisticated tones that are popular for 2021. For a bright, cheery look, consider an energetic apple green.
• Blue kitchens can have a big impact on your mood. Light blues are calming, and navy can provide a sophisticated elegance. Blue gray can create a classic ambience.
• Yellow kitchens are bursting with energy. Bright yellow can be the perfect, cheery shade to brighten up your kitchen, or you can choose a lighter tone for a discreet, relaxed feel. Not sold on painting your entire kitchen yellow? It works beautifully as an accent color, on one wall or the cabinets.
• Consider out-of-the-ordinary kitchen colors. Have you considered a pink kitchen? Gray and dusty pink can make for an artistic feel in a kitchen, and rose can be surprisingly sophisticated. How about a black kitchen? Black cabinets can look stunning in a kitchen with a white backsplash, lights, and accessories. Orange and red are colors people don’t often consider for kitchens, but when they’re well-designed, kitchens in these colors can be stunning.
• Consider mixing things up. Kitchens offer plenty of opportunities to mix and match colors. Decide which colors have permanent appeal and use unusual colors that appeal to you in places that can be easily repainted if you decide you need an update.
Capitol Design Build has been performing custom remodeling since 1989 and building custom, high-end homes in the Washington DC Metropolitan Area for 29 years. We serve businesses and individuals in Virginia, Washington D.C, and Maryland, meeting every need from kitchen renovation and bathroom remodeling to custom home design and building. With experience spanning many disciplines, including engineering, design, remodeling, construction, and customer service, we look forward to working with you. Feel free to shop our website, call us at (703) 436-2069, or contact us online for a free, no-obligation estimate.