KITCHEN DESIGN EXPERTS IN VIRGINIA
Kitchen design is, in its purest form, the process of combining surfaces, appliances, and design elements into a beautiful and functional layout that works for cooking, socializing, and living. A professional kitchen designer can walk the tightrope between function, such as storage space and appliances, and form, such as the decorative touches that bring warmth and personality to the room. Without proper kitchen design, your kitchen will become painfully utilitarian. You can spot a poorly-designed kitchen a mile away because it has no soul to it, no charm. When you work with Capitol Design Build, you can be sure that your kitchen will be lively, unique, and still retain all the important functionality you would expect from such a central room in your home.
THE FIVE TRADITIONAL KITCHEN LAYOUTS
While kitchen design leaves much room for creativity, the general layout usually falls into one of five options, detailed below. We can help you decide on the best option that naturally fits your home.
- L-Shaped Kitchen:
- L-Shaped kitchens leave plenty of room for a cook to work while also giving a very open feel because there are only two walls being used for storage and appliances.
- U-Shaped Kitchen:
- With a U-shaped kitchen, cooks will have a large amount of storage and counter space, surrounded on 3 sides by these options with one side left open to another living area.
- G-Shaped Kitchen:
- These are the most enclosed model, just like the U-shaped kitchen but with extra storage and walls that cover part of the last remaining open space. These are incredible for room, but not for an open floor plan.
- Single-Wall Kitchen:
- These kitchens are great for small homes, as all the appliances and storage are in one straight line. They are also amazing options for people who want an expansive feel without storage or islands out in the middle of the room.
- Corridor Kitchen
- Just as they sound, corridor kitchens are like a hallway, with counters and storage on each side. Sometimes known as a galley, these kitchens can offer a surprising amount of space with stacked storage.
IMPORTANT TIPS FOR PLANNING YOUR KITCHEN DESIGN
Picking the layout of your kitchen is just the first step; all the details are what separates a decent kitchen from an incredible one. Where are you going to have outlets and all your countertop appliances, such as toasters and coffee machines? Do you want to have seating like an island counter area or have people eat in the dining room instead? What direction will you have the cabinet doors swing to eliminate awkward angles? Small things like these that many designers forget are at the forefront of our minds always, so you are sure to get a kitchen that checks all the boxes, even the ones you didn’t know needed checking.
THE CAPITOL DESIGN DIFFERENCE
When you work with us, you can be sure that you’re getting the best quality products and customer service available. From day one when we come to your home for a consultation, to the final day of your build, we will be there to answer all your questions and meet your every need. We are adaptable and skilled, ready to change on the fly to ensure you’re satisfied with the final product.
A few examples of our work
REJOICE: BENEFITS OF A NEW KITCHEN
It’s about time that you get your dream kitchen. With Capitol Design Build ‘s help, you can reap many benefits of kitchen remodeling, both aesthetically and functionally. These include:
- Updated look
- New and unbroken appliances
- Opening up your kitchen space
- Creating ambiance
Getting new cabinets can really put the cherry on the top of your perfect kitchen. Brands we carry include:
- Touch Stone
- Virtu USA
Your dream home wouldn’t be complete without quality countertops. Here at Capitol Design Build, you can choose from:
- Granite and marble: These are classics that are durable and beautiful.
- Silestone: This is the only type of countertop that has bacteriostatic protection, which keeps your kitchen sanitary.
- Caesarstone: Caesarstone is available in three types of finishes polished, honed, and textured.
- Santa Margarita: This Italian brand specializes in light and transparent shades.
- Cambria: This natural quartz surface is stain resistant and nonporous.
Come see our grand showroom today!
What People Say About Us
Ali was the original builder of what later became our home and we have used his services for a number of modifications since. His attention to detail is impressive and he will not settle for anything less than perfect. Even items that are not visible to the naked eye have to be perfect or Ali does not rest! I can only HIGHLY recommend Ali for any work, from building an entire house to making a small modification to your existing home or office
You guys converted my bathroom and kitchen into brand new modern looking masterpieces. I really liked the professional approach for each aspect you people have. I?ll definitely recommend your work.